Our focus is upon person-centered job development and satisfaction. Our consumers tell us they are very satisfied with our services. We will help you find a job which matches your interests and experience. Together we will determine your background, interests, abilities, preferences, and resources. We will help you develop an employment plan in which you will assume as much responsibility as possible.
Some of the things we will help you with include developing an employment plan, preparing your resume, job lead development, i.e., locating and contacting prospective employers, writing employment applications and cover letters, go with you to the interview if asked, find transportation, assist in obtaining a physical, TB or other tests, other as required by the employer, identifying and negotiating accommodations including job carving and assistive technology, referring and coordinating with employment related services, e.g., the Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Growth – Michigan Rehabilitation Services.
We have a 35-year history of job development for persons with developmental disabilities in Wayne County.
We are accredited by CARF, the Rehabilitation Accreditation Commission, for Employment Services Coordination and for Job Development, Job-Site Training, and Job Supports in the Community Employment Services category.
We maintain a variety of contracted, supervised, community-based worksites affording opportunities for job trials, skills assessment, and ongoing employment in a group setting.
We are a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization. Your contribution is welcome and tax deductible. To donate
Send your donation to
Dearborn North Resource Center
2941 S. Gulley Road
Dearborn, MI 48124-3160
Remember us in your will or other planned giving arrangements.
Please click on the button below.
BECOME A PARTNER
STEP has been helping employers find qualified, dependable employees for more than 30 years! We are dedicated to helping employers find qualified applicants for their job openings and will do everything we can to insure their success.
We can provide at no cost to you:
- Skill assessment and training to meet your needs
- Help to identify your employment needs
- Technical assistance and training to help with employee retention and promotional opportunities.
- On the job training through our Tried and True thrift stores, at your location, or at our resource centers.
- Ongoing support after employment starts. We care about the success of your business as well as your employee.
- Assistance with possible tax credits
- Companies that hire and accommodate people with disabilities in their workplace may receive tax benefits of the WOTC – Work Opportunity
Become a volunteer in our offices, community, or in an administrative capacity. Play a role in helping people successfully achieve by encouraging them through your words and actions. Let us know what skills you have and what you would be interested in doing.
- Provide employment opportunities at your place of business.
- Mentor an individual in self-employment/micro enterprise.
- Link Services To Enhance Potential to employment and community integration opportunities.
- Volunteer to help on community outings.
- Provide volunteer clerical services.
- Volunteer to help in lunch rooms and with bus duty.
- Provide handyman services.
- Support our mission as a member of the Board of Directors. Your help through responsible participation in constructive action and problem solving support the organization at the highest level.